Morrin Centre – National Historic Site
Discover Living History, Discover the Morrin Centre.
Discover the secrets of this National Historic Site. Walk through the sinister Jail cells and decipher the graffiti carved into the floor by former inmates.
Visit the intriguing chemistry laboratory, as well as the other classrooms of the Morrin College open from 1868 to 1902. Then, let yourself be spellbound by the haunting stories surrounding the Victorian library, home to a collection of literary gems, some of which date back to the 16th century.
An English-language cultural centre hosting events, guided tours for groups and the general public and offering its spaces for your very own events.
44 Chaussée des Écossais
Quebec City, QC G1R 4H3
Plan Your Visit
For more information about the Morrin Centre, please visit their website or contact Stefanie Johnston, Guided Tours Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 418-694-9147, ext. 226.
Please take note that due to Covid-19 the staff is working remotely so please contact me via email and it will be my pleasure to get back to you.
Photo: Dylan Page
Enjoy FREE admission at this historic place with your National Trust membership.
Become a member today!
|The Passport Places network is made possible through valued partnerships with Canadian heritage organizations, site operators and owners.
Look for the following logo at participating historic sites.
Partner Organization: The Morrin Centre
Historic prison, 19th-century college and Victorian library, all located in the heart of old Quebec City, the Morrin Centre is a museum, heritage building and thriving English language cultural centre that offers exciting artistic and educational programming as well as library services for all ages.
Experience living history by taking a tour at the Morrin Centre:
- Learn about the prison era when the building served as the city’s prison in the first half of the 19th century,
- See the prison cells, prison register and the traces the prisoners left behind,
- Retrace the footsteps of the Morrin College students,
- View the 19th-century science lab with its artifacts and scientific instruments,
- Step into beautiful college hall, and
- Discover the treasures of the library of the Literary and Historical Society of Quebec, the oldest existing learned society in Canada. This beautiful Victorian library with over 27 thousand books contains our special collections with books dating back to the 18th