This 20,000 square-foot Edwardian mansion was built between 1899 and 1901 by Senator George Taylor Fulford, who made his fortune selling “Pink Pills for Pale People,” a patent medicine sold around the world. The Fulford Place original grounds were designed by Fredrick Olmsted of the Olmsted landscaping firm, which also designed Central Park in New York City.
The Fulford Italianate-style gardens have an elaborate triton fountain, statuary, stone walls, and gates. Inside, original tapestries, paintings, statuary, and ceramics from the Fulford’s world travels are on display throughout the period rooms and are featured in special exhibits.
The Senator’s son, George T. Fulford, donated Fulford Place to Ontario Heritage Trust in 1987. Contents were later donated by his widow, Jutta Fulford, and his son, George Fulford III.
287 King Street E
Brockville, ON K6V 1E1