Homewood Museum is one of the oldest houses in Ontario. This two-storey stone house was built between 1799 and 1800 by Dr. Solomon Jones and his three brothers.
Dr. Jones commissioned Louis Briere, a Montreal mason and contractor, to build a “gentleman’s residence” overlooking the river in 1799. Homewood was constructed in the late Georgian style, but shows a French-Canadian influence. The property was sold to the DuPont Corporation, an international chemical company, who donated Homewood and 11 acres of land to the Ontario Heritage Trust in 1974.
The museum was restored with help from Grenville County Historical Society and the Canadian Parks Service, and features period rooms with original furnishings, from textiles and photographs to porcelain and furniture
1372 County Road 2
Maitland, ON K0E 1P0