Annandale House was built in the 1880s by Edwin Delevan Tillson, the first mayor of Tillsonburg and son of the town’s founder, George Tillson.
The interior of Annandale House is a living monument to the Victorian style of design, known as the “Aesthetic Art Movement.” Popularized by Oscar Wilde, this movement encouraged the use of colour and decorative detailing in all areas of the home.
In 1882, Mrs. Mary Ann Tillson attended Wilde’s “The House Beautiful” lecture in Woodstock, ON and applied much of what she heard when decorating her new home.
30 Tillson Avenue
Tillsonburg, ON N4G 2Z8